Wednesday 13 January 2016

Queens Arm Edinburgh Review; A Roast dinner of dreams

Do not own picture
Hey my loves, 

Starting to feel back in the swing of posts again, I have a list as long as my arm and after this weekend I should hopefully be fully organised again on being able to write and more efficiently. 

Now back to this post. Sunday 10th of January, I met up with family to enjoy a nice post festivities catch up. So my dear old Grandparents decided we would all try The Queens Arms on Frederick street Edinburgh. As we have heard wonderful things about their Sunday Lunches. Everyone I know loves a good classic Sunday lunch. It comes with being British. We arrived around 2pm and had a table booked for 2.15. But we had went for a booth, but we had ordered in advance the two of the Sunday roast dinner platters. Which I am glad we did, as I am a right sucker for roast dinners. The nice people at The Queens arms, had booked off a booth and a table for us so, we could chose where we thought would be best for our lunch. We ended up at the table, due to the size of the sharer platters. 
As you walk into the little pub, it is decorated in old school interior, little cute nick nacks everywhere and candles melted down liquor bottles. Bookshelves fill one wall, not sure if the books you could actually read. On a part of the ceiling there is dangling bottle, I don't know why but in my strange little head I loved the decor. We were told that there was no more sharer platters of roasts left, but we had already ordered ours, so the key here is if you fancy the roast dinner, book it before you aim to go.
Nearly forgot to take a picture!
After ordering, the service is very relaxed. We got our drinks and had to wait, a good 30-45 minutes on our roasts coming out. Which for me, I am normally starving before I even head to a restaurant. It could've been quicker. But when it came. I was not disappointed. On a platter for two people, there was a massive chunk of meat, cut up and served up medium well. There was also roast potatoes and massive crispy Yorkshire puddings, two for each person. There was also another plate with some veggies for us to share.. And gravy you can't forget about the gravy. 
I was shocked at how amazing it tasted, how beautiful it was presented to us. The meat was some steak I think or that is what it looked like. It tasted phenomenal. It really was amazing flavours and juicy. None of the dried up meat here. The yorkies, where crisp, massive and just brilliant. My two favourite parts of a roast, just everything was so tasty. 
Sharer Dessert

Then to top it all, we got some sharer puddings to have as well. We got a crumble of some sort, there was all sorts of fruits, from peach, apple, berries and raisins. There was also a thick wedge of dark chocolate torte, with a little old school milk bottle full of custard. It was all so delicious. We finished off with some coffee and shortbread. 

All in all I think the wait, was most definitely worth it. As the food was almost as good as homemade roasts and for a price of £29.50. Absolutely worth every penny and I can't wait until I go have another family roast dinner. After looking on the website, the pub its self has malt whiskies, cask ales and a lot more to offer than just a gastro pub meal. But it is for sure my new favourite place to eat when in town. Already planning my next visit. Here is a link to their webpage so you can check them out.

If you have visited Edinburgh or indeed live here, where are your favourite places to eat? 

Marion
Candle coated bottle





Bar

Ceiling covered in bottles
Bookshelves wall


Random Decor

No comments:

Post a Comment