Saturday 16 January 2016

Harry Potter tag

Hey guys, 

This week has been horrendous with the amount of well known people have sadly passed away. David Bowie and Alan Rickman being the most publicized. I was a bit gutted about David Bowie having grown up around his music. But Alan Rickman, he was the ultimate childhood villain, for me. So I was of course devastated. So I thought in light of my childhood villain dying, I would finally get around to doing the Harry Potter Tag. 

I first started to read the Harry Potter books when I was around 10/11 and I first got one to read heading on holiday. I also fell in love with the books from that very first instance. Even though it wasn't the most up to date book in the series but the first book I read and fell in love with is The Prisoner of Azkaban. But sadly to say I am still waiting for my letter over ten years later. 

1. What is your favourite book?

My favourite book has to be Goblet of Fire, It is the first one I read in chronoligical order after I had read Prisoner of Azkaban. I came home from my holiday and begged my family to get me the new one for my birthday. Which they did and I was in love from the onset. The plot got my imagination going and imagining how the triwizard tournament would have been like.  



2. What is your favourite film?


Favourite film would have to say is the Deathly Hallows part two, as I liked the amount of action in it and the fact that it concluded the stories well. But I do also love Chamber of Secrets.


3. What is your least favourite book?


My least favourite book is the order of the phoenix. I just didn't thimk it was as captivating and it was hard to get into. Even now as a fully grown adult, I still struggle. 
4. What is your least favourite film?

Least favourite film is the exact same as the books. Order of the phoenix. Apart from the story taking a change in how light it had been. I did enjoy seeing the DA forming and the change that Dolores Umbridge gave to the school. 


5. Parts of the books/films that made you cry?

There are so many that made me nearly cry, I have too much of a stone heart to actually cry. But the scenes that give me a lump in my throat. The deaths, from Dumbledore, to Dobby and Hedwig. But also Snapes death obviously In The half blood prince, where Harry says, if he dies he would take a few Death Eaters and even Voldemort with him. So Dumbledore replies, "Spoken both like your mother and father’s son and Sirius’s true godson!" Also when Harry is asked to be godfather to Lupin and Tonks son. Neville Longbottom's speech towards the end of Deathly Hallows: Part II, what more could make someone want to cry. Also when Dumbledore asks Snape after all this time, he still loves Lily and he replies simply Always. 




    6. If you could hook up with any character, who would it be?
    Any of the Weasly boys except Percy. I really dislike Percy. I'd have a good laugh with the twins Fred and George, but who wouldn't want someone as loyal and loving like Ron. But you know Bill, who deals with dragons, what's not to love there.




    7. Who is your favourite character?
    I have four favourites, Luna as I think I am a bit like her. A bit out there wacky, but nice. Professor McGonagall.. She is just as passionate as you'd want any teachers to learn from. I love Snape as he is portrayed as the bag guy, but in reality he is a good guy and who doesn't love Dobby.






    8. Who is your least favourite character?


    Dolores Umbridge and Lockheart. I found they both had their obvious purposes in the books. But I thought Umbridge was just a right Bitch and Lockheart just fancied himself a bit too much and wasn't anything special or added anything. Lockheart was lacklustre and boring to me.


    9. What is your favourite quote? 

    My favourite quote has to be Neville's at the end of Deathly Hallows. I just loved how he wasn't giving up. He wasn't surrendering no matter what they would face. But another one is when Ron finally says that Hermoine is his girlfriend, after Goyle tries to curse her. "That's my girlfriend, you Numpty." Then chases after him. But Nevilles is my favourite ever"It doesn't matter that Harry's gone. People die every day. Friends, family. Yeah, we still lost Harry tonight. He's still with us, in here *touches heart*. So's Fred, Remus, Tonks... they didn't die in vain. But YOU will. 'Cause you're wrong! Harry's heart did beat for us! For all of us! It's not over!" . Another one I love is when George loses his ear and comes around with a joke. "I'm Holey, Im holey Fred Get it." 








    10. What is your least favourite quote?


    I hate when Ron is giving up on Harry in the Deathly Hallows, when the boys argue. For Ron then to leave.It broke my heart when he left. I can't remember the exact quote but you all know what one I mean.




    11. What would your Patronus be?


    My patronus would be some form of cat, maybe a lion or just a simple house cat. Since I am a proper cat lady. 


    12. What would your Boggart be?


    My boggart would be the man of my dreams turning me down, but I don't know how that would work, 



    13. What would you rather have - the elder wand, the resurrection stone or the invisibility cloak?


    Id love the invisibility cloak, just because I could get into so many gigs for free, it would be unreal. 


    14. Which house would you be in?


    I have no idea, as I can see potential in all houses for myself but being a natural redhead... It would most likey be Gryfindor, as I would be some cousin or something to the Weasleys.


    15. If you were on the Quidditch team, which position would you play?


    I'd be a beater, just as I have fairly quick reflexes and it would be awesome to hit a bludger at a professor I hated. 



    16. Which class would be your favourite?


    I'd love to do potions. Or Broomstick lessons.




    17. If you could bring one character back to life, who would it be?


    Fred Weasley Dobby or Hedwig. I can't imagine a life without both the Weasley twins together. George would never be the same without him. 



    18. What would your job be in the magical world?

    I'd be a hit witch.. Someone to catch the bad guys. Or a quidditch played for Ireland or Scotland.


    19. If you could meet any member of the cast, who would it be?

    Alan Rickman, I would have loved to have met. He is just utterly the best casting job and he plays Snape how I had imagined him in my head, his voice, his sneer. Couldn't have been better.

    20. Were you happy with the ending?


    In short, no. I think JK could have made some sort of post Voldemort even if it was boring as now I am left wondering what happened. Did George end up in St Mungos, as life without Fred was unbearable.

    21. How much does Harry Potter mean to you?
    Harry Potter is my childhood, as hurtful and truamatic as it was I could always switch off reading the books or losing myself in the films. I have a tattoo on my shoulder representing Harry Potter, its the Deathly Hallows sign. Now it is just not as well known apart from people in their twenties. Younger generations will never know how if felt when the new film or book came out. I will never be without Harry Potter in my life, not until I die anyway. Without Harry Potter I wouldn't be the same person I am today, that is how much it means to me. 

    No comments:

    Post a Comment